ARIMAX is live; grace period updates improve latency
6 months ago by Ellery Berk
Myst Platform Release (2022-09-26)
Hello Myst Platform users,
We have a new model connector, additional latency improvements (especially for Yes Energy users) and a number of upgrades to the Web Application.
Please update your
myst-alpha package at your earliest convenience to ensure you have access to this week’s updates (instructions here).
- The Yes Energy connector and The Weather Company (TWC) Cleaned Observation connectors no longer have grace period retries. Previously, the platform would wait up to five minutes for data from these connectors that returned any null values. Now, these connectors will try one time to pull data, and if that data is not available, the source will write masked nulls to the downstream time series. This should result in a 5 minute improvement in forecast latency for graphs that use Yes Energy and Cleaned Observations. The Enhanced Forecast and Historical Hourly Conditions connectors from TWC will continue to wait for missing data to arrive for up to 5 minutes after the job schedule time.
- You can now view 14 days of jobs in the Monitor tab (up from two days).
- The status icons on graphs in the Create page will now show only whether a graph is actively deployed (green check), is deactivated (gray X), or has never been deployed (no icon). This change improves the loading time and responsiveness of larger graphs.
- HPOs will run for at most 6 hours. Any trials that succeed within that time will be returned and the platform will surface the best of those completed trials. All remaining trials will not complete. We will add tips on parameterizing your HPOs to run within that time limit to our docs.
✨ New feature:
- ARIMAX is live! This model offers an excellent baseline for comparison with more complex models. Learn more about this model here.
Note: This model does not have a seasonal component built in. We suggest using exogenous features to reflect seasonal patterns.
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out via the chat embedded in the Myst Platform or email us at [email protected] with questions or feedback.
Ellery and the Myst team